I'm interested in big data systems. Specifically, I build and research self-optimizing data systems that can easily and efficiently scale in modern computing environments.
At UIUC, I am part of DAIS, which comprises of exceptional faculty in the exciting data area.
At Keebo, I lead the technology to bring cutting-edge technology to the world.
I am building new generations of data systems for modern cloud computing environments.
- Dolphin: This project re-designs search engines to enable distributed, hyper-scale searching directly on top of cloud storage.
- HummingBird: This project builds cross-language computing framework to enable extensible, efficient data operations.
Spring 2021. CS 511 - Advanced Data Management [Course Information]
- Supawit Chockchowwat (PhD student)
- Feng Qing (Masters student)
- Chaitanya Sood (Undergraduate student)
- Hanjun Goo (PhD student @SNU, in collaboration with Kyuseok Shim)
Prospective PhD Students: Every year, I plan to support one or two new PhD students. If you are interested in working with me, please indicate in your application or send me an email (to my Illinois address). [Information about Illinois’ PhD admission process]
UIUC Undergrads: Every semester, I plan to advise a few students (and more during summer). If you are interested, please send me an email.
Prospective Master’s Students: In general, I prioritize supporting PhD students. However, I may support a few exceptional master’s students.